Thursday, October 11, 2018

Watercolor Poppies with Cindy Bristow

Watercolor Poppies with Cindy Bristow
 
Howdy!
 
It's been a great morning here in South Texas, the sky is clear and the temperature is a lovely 76.  The mosquitos on the other hand are way out of control!!!!  I wonder if anyone makes a mosquito stamp set?.....
 
 
Do you ever buy something and then it just sits there?  I mean you just had to have it,  you played with it a few times, but then it gets put away or buried?  I do it all the time and I have vowed that I am going to start showing some of my forgotten crafty toys some much needed love.
 
One of the toys I need to show some love to is my Journey Color Splash pencils- those are the watercolor ones.  I just had to have them, and in fact, I have multiple sets... and they are all in a drawer.  So today, I pulled them out along with a stamp set that I haven't used in a long time, Poppy Days (SS-0346). 
 
 
I stamped the flowers with Black Licorice on a Color Splash sheet making sure to leave a space for the sentiment.  The sentiment comes form the Chosen Family stamp set (SS-0458).
 
Now, remember that I haven't been watercoloring on a regular basis, so this was a relearning time for me.  The first thing I did was use a media mister to wet my splash sheet a bit.  This helps the watercolors move around a bit.  I then used a blending brush filled with water directly onto the tip of my pencil and dropped some color onto my flower images.  Because the splash sheet is wet, you can move the color around and fill in the images. It's ok if you go outside the lines... it is watercolor.

 
After I finished watercoloring, I dried the panel with my heat gun.  The splash panel was layered onto Black Licorice cardstock.  I wrapped black velvet ribbon around a Whip Cream cardstock panel and popped it up on a Whip Cream card base.
 
That's it- a simple and elegant card. 
 If you have questions or would like to order any of the product, please email me at:
 
 
 
I hope you enjoyed it and thanks for stopping by!
Cindy


No comments:

Post a Comment