Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Inspiration, where does it come from? with FSJ Build a Wreath

Howdy Friends!  What's your morning routine like?  If it's like mine, it starts with coffee and then you sit down at your computer to check your email.  That my friends is where the inspiration for today's card came from!
 
 
This card was inspired by an email from Hobby Lobby, I'm sure you all got the same one- here is the picture I took a screen shot of.  You know- the way we all wish our house looked- especially me right now.... but I digress....

 
so, as I was sipping my coffee, I was dissecting the above picture and started thinking about creating a card.  After a full cup of coffee and a refill to go, I moved to my craft room and grabbed some cardstock to match the color scheme.  I pulled out Fresh Sage cardstock, Oatmeal Cookie cardstock, Hazelnut Blend cardstock, Buttercream cardstock, and to add some texture, a little sliver of my favorite, Corrugated Stock cardstock.  After I had matched the color scheme, I started looking at the design elements of the room.  I noticed the giant wood leaf ,the framed picture on the shelf, the scroll trim on the shelf and the clothes pins.  A few minutes of digging through stamps, and I grabbed my Build A Wreath stamp set SS-0598.

 
I stamped the wreath using Fresh Sage ink and colored it in with Color Burst Pencils numbers 23, 27, and 25.  To complete my card, I used some vintage lace to mimic the scroll trim on the inspiration picture, added a Mini Wooden Clothespin with a double twine bow, and last added a sprinkle of Dark Roast Silk
 
 
Don't forget about the Block Party Sale! 
 
 20% off all Acrylic Blocks the entire month of October

 
Thanks for stopping by,
Cindy


1 comment:

  1. Love this! What a great interpretation of that Hobby Lobby email. Goes to show we can get inspiration everywhere!

    ReplyDelete