Thursday, October 25, 2018

Watercolor Fall Leaves card with Cindy Bristow

Watercolor Fall Leaves card with Cindy Bristow
 
Howdy!
 
I am enjoying my second cup of coffee this morning and thinking about how blessed I am, I mean really, I get to create pretty things all day!
 
Today I wanted to share a watercolor card that I created last week.
 
 
I used one of the leaves from  the FSJ stamp set Autumn Leaves, SS-0006.  I started by stamping the first leaf in the center of my Color Splash sheet with Clear Embossing Ink and added Journey Gold embossing powder.  After I heat set it, I stamped the outside leaves and added embossing powder and heat set.  When stamping an image 3 times, always start with the middle image so you can space the outside images the same distance from the middle one.
After heat embossing, I grabbed my Journey Color Splash pencils (these are the watercolor ones) and pulled out a green, aqua, blue, a couple of yellows and a red.  I started with the leaves by painting the leaf with plain old water ( this helps the color move) and then used my water brush to pick up the color straight from my pencil lead and drop it into the leaf.
Once all the leaves where done and dry, I started playing with my background.  I put down a layer of water, added the lightest yellow, let it dry and then repeated the step with the darker yellow and then the red.  To finish the panel, I flicked some of the blue watercolor onto the background.
 
 
Here are the FSJ ingredients and dimensions for my card:
 
Autumn Days Stamp set  SS-0006
Journey Color Splash Pencils  JM-0078
Journey Gold Embossing Powder
Journey Color Splash Sheet 4-3/4 x 3-1/2
Denim Days cardstock  4-7/8 x 3-5/8
Whip Cream cardstock base 5-1/2 x 8-1/2
Clear Embossing inkpad
 
If you have any questions or would like to order any of the products I used in this card, email me at:
 
Finished card is available in my Etsy store.
 
Thanks for stopping by,
Cindy
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment