Friday, October 12, 2018

Watercolor Peach Blossom with Cindy Bristow

Watercolor Peach Blossom with Cindy Bristow
 
Howdy!
 
It's Friday morning, I have had 2 plus cups of coffee and life is good.
 
Yesterday I told you that I was vowing to use some of my forgotten product and I am doing it!!!  I wanted to share the card I made this morning using my Color Splash pencils and my Peach Blossom stamp set (SS-0342). 
 
 
I know I have told my Coloring your Creative Journey class that I love to use Pinterest to find new color schemes, but I also love to use it to find info on techniques.  Last night I looked up watercolor cards and blew my mind!  This card is using the resist technique.  I stamped the bottom flower and leaves with Sweet Berry and Green Olive ink.  Then I pulled out the Whip Cream pigment ink and White embossing powder to stamp the top flower.  When you are stamping white on white, it's hard to see exactly where your image is... in my opinion, I should have stamped that top flower more to the right for a better balance.

 
I really like the results I got with the resist method. Notice on the top flower (the resist image) how the color has pooled in some of the detail lines?  I think it adds more interest to the flower.  I tried to recreate that with the bottom flower, but the results just aren't as stunning.
 
Dimensions for my card are: 
Color Splash Sheet  3-1/2 x 4-3/4
Sweet Berry cardstock  3-5/8 x 4-7/8
Black Licorice cardstock  3-3/4 x 5
Whip Cream cardstock base 4-1/4 x 11
 
If you have questions or would like to order any of the product I used in this card, please email me at:
 
Thanks for stopping by,
Cindy


No comments:

Post a Comment