Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Watercolor Rose Thanks Card Set with Cindy Bristow

Watercolor Rose Thanks Card Set
with Cindy Bristow
 
Howdy!
 
As many of you know, I am trying to use products that I have in my stash in new and exciting ways.
Today's share is a set of cards that I created using some patterned scrapbook paper from my stash along with my Color Splash liquids.  You can watch the video over on my Facebook page, Cindy's Creative Journey.
 
You would never guess that this card started out as a piece of Halloween scrapbook paper.  I cut a 12 x 12 piece of paper down to 3-3/4 x 5 pieces and painted it with gesso.  You can paint the gesso in any direction you like, up down, side to side, swirls... because it adds a fun dimension to the finished product.  Can you se all of the brush strokes in this close up?  Love it!!!

 
 
After my gesso had dried, I stamped the Flower Swirl Stamps with Black Licorice ink onto the card front, making sure I left enough room for the die cut thanks at the bottom.  Then I started with my background and painted it with Cool Pool Splash.  I painted the leaves and then the flowers.  I will make sure I list all of the Splash products I used below.  The final step was to add the thanks die cut to my card before I mounted it onto a Black Licorice mat and Sweet Pear card base. Make sure to check out the video for all the little details.

 
Here is the finished products that I will be listing in my Etsy store, Check to the right for a link.

 
Thanks for stopping by,
 Cindy

 
  

1 comment: