Monday, February 4, 2019

Jane Davenport Hair Lines Watercolor card with Cindy Bristow

Jane Davenport Hair Lines Watercolor card
with Cindy Bristow
 
Howdy!
 
Today's share is a card I created during a Live Facebook video.  You can catch the video here.   I used the Jane Davenport Hair Lines stamp from Spellbinders.
 
 
Isn't she beautiful?!!!  I started with a sheet of Splash paper (watercolor paper) and stamped my image with Black Licorice ink.  Next I pulled out my Color Splash pencils and used flesh tones to color her face.  I then moved onto her hair. 

 
This is where it gets fun, instead of using just my Color Splash pencils, I pulled out my Splashes and used them as watercolors.  Splashes are very vibrant and come in a large bottle with a nozzle.  Instead of spraying them, I put a few drops of Citrus Cooler, Watermelon Fusion, Lavender Fusion, Cool Pool, Turbo Teal and Blue Lagoon into my pallet cups and then dipped my blending brush into them to paint with.
Once I finished painting her, I tapped some Citrus Cooler and Turbo Teal Silk onto her for a cool effect.  After she was completely dry, I grabbed a Faber Castell Pitt artist pen and put the white dots randomly onto the piece and then outlined them with my black Micron pen.
She is mounted onto Black Licorice cardstock and then layered onto a Catalina Splash card base.

 
Thank you for stopping by,
Cindy
 


No comments:

Post a Comment