Thursday, February 14, 2019

Dahlia Collage Card with Cindy Bristow

Dahlia Collage Card
with Cindy Bristow
 
Howdy!
 
 
Today I would like to share a collage style card I created using a FSJ stamp called Dahlia Burst.  It is one of my favorites, and even though it is a few years old, I still consider it one of my go to flower stamps.
 
 
For the past few weeks I have been showing you different ways to use the patterned papers we all have in our stashes.  This card front is no different, it started as a piece of Halloween paper.  Instead of using gesso, I decided to grab my Gel Press  and acrylic paints. 
 
The acrylic paints did not cover as well as gesso, but it still made an interesting background to work with.  I will be doing this again!  You can see part of the haunted house in the top right hand corner of the picture below.  By adding more layers, it turned into a background pattern and looks great.

 
After my paint was dry, I stamped the Deco Wall background stamp in Whip Cream ink for my background stamping.  Then I layered the Dahlia Burst stamp using a masking technique.  I colored the images using Color Burst Pencils.  The white highlights are done with acrylic paint. 
 
To finish the card front, I stamped the Deco Wall stamp randomly using Black Licorice ink.  Next I stamped one side with Clear Embossing ink and the Vintage Notes stamp, covered it with gold embossing powder and heat set it.  I sprinkled it with Black Licorice Silk and decided that it needed just a bit more black, so I added 3 enamel dots from the Magical Candy pack.
The card front is mounted onto Black Licorice cardstock and then layered onto a Rich Coral card base.

 
Thanks for stopping by,
Cindy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment