Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Steamy Coffee Card with Cindy Bristow

Steamy Coffee Card
with
Cindy Bristow
 
Howdy!
 
Today's share is a card created using the You Make me Steamy stamp from Unity Stamp company along with Color Splash inks form FSJ.
 
 
I started this card out by grabbing 3-3/4 x 5 piece of patterned paper and coating it with gesso.  Once the gesso was dry, I stamped the image using my Black Licorice ink pad.  I then began coloring the background using Citrus Cooler  and Watermelon Fusion Splash.  I colored the heart with Sweet Berry Splash and the cup with Turbo Teal Splash.
I did a video of the process on my Cindy's Creative Journey Facebook page.
 
 
After my video, I set the card front to the side and let it "percolate"  because I felt that something was missing.  Once I came back to my work, I added more layers of Citrus Cooler, Watermelon Fusion, Orange Rave and Outrageous Pink Splashes to my background to intensify to colors and cover up some of the patterned paper that was showing through.
I also added some "ghost" hearts using Faber Castell Pitt Artist Pens and my stencil I made using the Heart Strip die.  I also used my white Pitt Pen and a Micron Pen to scribble and add detail.

 
Thanks for stopping by,
Cindy


No comments:

Post a Comment