Friday, November 9, 2018

Purple Serenity Mixed Media with Cindy Bristow

Purple Serenity Mixed Media
with Cindy Bristow
 
 
Howdy!
 
Today's share is a mixed media piece I am calling Purple Serenity because it brought me joy when I was creating it.
 
 
If you haven't tried mixed media yet, you really need to!  There are no rules and if you can paint it, stamp it, stencil it, or glue it down, it can be used in mixed media.  A few of the basic items I use with almost every piece I create are Gesso (for priming your surfaces), Modeling Paste (to add texture), Stencils, Stamps, Die cuts, Paper, Inks (both inkpads and liquids), Paints, small Wood or Metal pieces, Thread, Twine or Ribbon, and Sparkle... cause you know, a girl has to have sparkle!
 
 
Here is a list of products I use for this project.
 
House to Home trio (I used the medium house for this project)
Journey Color Splash Pencils I used pencil #30 and #33
wooden flourish
May Arts wrinkle ribbon
metallic thread
metal key hole
 
 


2 comments: