Monday, November 19, 2018

Butterfly Dreams Mixed Media by Cindy Bristow

Butterfly Dreams Mixed Media
by Cindy Bristow
 
Howdy!
 
Today's share is a elegant Mixed Media block that I have had on my work space for over 2 weeks.  Sometimes you start a project and you get to a point where you're not sure what it needs and you walk away for a few days, weeks, sometimes months. That is what happened with this project.  I had the background layers all done, but was stumped on the focal point. Then while I was digging through one of my many stash drawers, I came across a sheet of filigree foiled butterflies... I can't even begin to tell you where I grabbed them at, some stamp show in Washington state would be my best guess, but it was exactly what I needed for this project.
 
 
See what I mean?  That gold butterfly was just the object I need to pair up with the gold embossed texture on my block.

 
Here are the links for all products used in this project:
 
Journey Splash Pencils  I used pencils #33 & #34
May Arts Purple Twine
Gold embroidery floss
Gold Filigree Butterfly
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment