Thursday, January 10, 2019

Texas FlagHome Decor project Tutorial by Cindy Bristow

Texas Flag Home Décor project Tutorial
by Cindy Bristow
 
Howdy!
 
How about a 3-D project for todays post?  I had a few of the middle sized blocks from the House to Home trio packs left over from Christmas projects so I decided to make a Texas themed décor project.  How fun is this?!!!
 
 
I started out by painting my block with Gesso - this primes the surface so the wood doesn't soak up all your paint.  Once the gesso was dry, I pulled out some washi tape from my stash. I have a ton of washi tape and never seem to use it much, but it's great for masking off areas in craft projects!  I painted the back, all four sides and then 1/2 of the front using Navy Blue paint from Deco Arts.  Then I painted the bottom right quarter with Candy Apple Red paint.  Once it was dry, I took it out on my patio and sanded all of the sides and a bit on the flat surfaces to give it a distressed look.

 
To age it a bit more, I grabbed my Oatmeal Cookie Ink Pad and inked up my edges and the flat surfaces. Make sure to use a light touch on the flat edges so you only catch the raised surfaces of the wood.  Next I tapped some Whip Cream Silk all over it.   

 
While my silk was drying, I cut 2 stars out of light weight chipboard using my Star Dom die and glued them together.  I used my finger to dab some Whip Cream paint onto the front and sides, I didn't want it to cover the chipboard all the way so it looked old.  I also used my Oatmeal Cookie inkpad on the star.
 
To finish off this project, I used the blessed stamp from  the Humble and Kind stamp set and my Clear Pigment inkpad and Black Embossing powder.  I love how it is raised off the wood.

 
Thanks for stopping by,
Cindy
 


No comments:

Post a Comment