Monday, January 28, 2019

Jane Davenport Tin of Mermaids with Cindy Bristow

Jane Davenport Tin of Mermaids
with Cindy Bristow
 
Howdy!
 
This weekend my husband and I spent time working in our backyard. We have cleared the back fence which was hopelessly over grown, began carving out a bed line and transplanted several of the Plumbago.  All of that outdoor time rejuvenated my creative spirit and brought me back into my craft room.
 
This morning I pulled out a few new (to me) Jane Davenport sets and my watercolor pencils to begin playing.
 
 
How much fun is this?  I started with Whip Cream cardstock and stamped the Wild and Free words form the Mad Confetti clear stamp set towards the right hand bottom using  Cave Black Squid ink.  Then I grabbed the mermaid face out of the Tin of Mermaids wood mount stamp set and stamped her all around the words.  I love that even though this face is small, less then a inch, when you stamp her multiple times, she has a huge impact!

 
Now for the fun part, I pulled out my Color Splash pencils and Small Blending Brush and went to town.  I colored the girls skin first using 3 different skin tones, then the hair.  Once that was done, I water colored the background blending blues, greens, yellows, and reds.  Once the watercolor was dry, I grabbed the dot background stamp from the Mad Confetti stamp set and randomly stamped some Blue Marlin and Scallop Shell Squid ink onto my art.  I took a step back and decided I wanted just a bit more action to my piece so I tapped some Black Licorice Silk, Whip Cream Silk and Pink Bubble Gum Silk randomly over it.
 
The finished piece was layered onto Black Licorice cardstock, Cool Pool cardstock, Whip Cream cardstock, and the again onto Black Licorice and is ready to be put into a 5 x 7 frame.

 
Thanks for stopping by,
Cindy


No comments:

Post a Comment