Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Jane Davenport's Tin of Mermaids card 2 with Cindy Bristow

Jane Davenport's Tin of Mermaids card 2
with Cindy Bristow
 
Howdy!
 
I am in love with this stamp set!  It is so much fun to combine all of the little elements to create cards.  Today I combined it with and embossing folder and got a cool wave effect on my background.
 
 
I started with Whip Cream cardstock and the Layered Scallops embossing folder.  After I had embossed my cardstock, I used my Color Splash watercolor pencils to add some color to the back panel.  After my panel was dry, I added some texture by stamping the dot background stamp from the Mad Confetti stamp set with both the Blue Marlin and Scallop Shell Squid inkpads.  I felt like the background need a bit more so I sprinkled Black Licorice silk, Whip Cream silk, and Bubble Gum silk randomly over the entire panel.  The finishing touch on the background was to stamp it with the Wild and Free sentiment from the Mad Confetti stamp set.
 
For the focal point, I stamped the mermaid from the Tin of Mermaids onto a die cut circle and colored her also with my Color Splash watercolor pencils.  I layered the mermaid circle onto a small strip of cardstock that I had stamped with the wave patterned stamp from the same set. 

 
Both the stamped strip and the mermaid where then layered onto a Black Licorice die cut circle towards the bottom left of my card. 
 
The entire panel of watercolor and focal point image was then layered onto Black Licorice cardstock and placed onto a Whip Cream cardstock base.

 
Thanks for stopping by,
Cindy
 


No comments:

Post a Comment