Tuesday, March 8, 2016

2 for Tuesday: Star Bright

Happy Tuesday everyone!  Today's  2 for Tuesday featured stamp set is "Star Bright".   It coordinates with the "Star-Dom" die set.  
1 stamp set, 2 totally different cards!

The first card today is a fast, clean and simple card that is perfect to give a word of encouragement in. The A2 base is Pineapple Smoothie CS, layered with a Rich Coral  CS 4 x 5-1/4 panel.  Next is the Whip Cream CS layer cut to 3-3/4 x 5.  I stamped the 2 smallest stars using Pineapple Smoothie, Orange Creamcicle and Rich Coral ink pads.  The sentiment is stamped with Black Licorice. To make the card pop, I covered all of the stars in Journey Glaze and a sprinkle of Sparkle Dust.


My second card for today is all about patterns and layers.  I started with an A2 base of Oatmeal Cookie CS layered with a Pool Play CS panel.  Next I added another layer of patterned cardstock from the "Vintage Paris" paper pack.  I then added 3 banners, the bottom one is silver polka dot vellum from the "Vellum Designer Prints" pack.  I followed that with banners made of  Pool Play and a blue polka dot from the "Winter Fresh Prints" pack.  


I stamped the large striped star with "Journey Silver" ink onto a Oatmeal Cookie CS scrap and cut it out.  I also used the striped star to stamp a piece of Pool Play CS to layer the sentiment on.


The sentiment is stamped on Buttercream CS and embossed with "Journey Silver Embossing Powder".  I used "Tinsel Trim" to make loops beneath my star, layered a Free Bloom Benefit (got to love it when you get paid to shop!)  "Shooting Star Element" and a Pearl to complete the card.

Thanks For Stopping By!
~Cindy~

All of the products used may be purchased on my Fun Stampers Journey Page.

Star Bright      SS-0157
Vintage Paris      PP-0010
Designer Vellum Prints     PP-0008
Winter Fresh Prints     PP-0018
Journey Silver Ink Pad     IP-0107
Journey Silver Embossing Powder  IP-0100
Tinsel Trim     AC-0154
Shooting Star Element     AC-0147
Pearl     AC-0024

 




No comments:

Post a Comment