Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Snow Blooms Holiday D'ecor by Cindy Bristow

Snow Blooms Holiday Décor
by Cindy Bristow
 
Howdy!
 
Holiday gift crafting is in full steam at my house this week, so I wanted to share a great décor piece  that I created for a hostess gift.
 
 
I created it using the House to Home trio of wooden blocks.  I love how these wooden blocks come in 3 different sizes so that you can either make a coordinated home décor piece or use them individually like I did in this project.
To prep my project I covered the entire wood piece with Gesso.  If you are new to mixed media, gesso is a primer, kind of like when you prime your walls for painting.  It helps the other mediums stick to the surface better or in this case, it seals the wood surface so it doesn't suck up all the paint.  After the gesso dried I added a coat of Cool Pool Acrylic Paint.   The dots in the background are made using a stencil and Modeling Paste. 
To create my snowflakes, I used a White Liner sheet, which is a full sheet of double sided adhesive, along with Whip Cream cardstock and cut one of each of the Snow Bloom dies.  Once I had cut the snowflakes out, I carefully peeled off one side of the White Liner sheet and added Sparkle dust to each of them.  I also used the smallest die from the Snow Blooms set to cut one snowflake out to Cool Pool cardstock.  I layered all of the snowflakes making sure to off set  each of them.  The final touch was to add a large pearl to the center and wrap the block with ribbon and a bow.

 
Thanks for stopping by,
Cindy
 


No comments:

Post a Comment