Monday, May 22, 2017

Happy Mail Monday 5/22

Hello Creative Friends!
I woke up today in a motivated mood, got my to-do list written, and now I'm checking things off!  Whoo Hoo!!! Don't you love when you wake up like that?
So, one of the first things on my Monday list is also one of the best things on my list, Happy Mail Monday post!  Make sure you leave a comment either here on my blog, on Instagram (CindysCreativeJourney), or on my Face Book page (@ccreativejourney).

 
I tried out a fun technique RG showed us using the Rich Sorbet Pan Pastels.  I also used the darkest green from this set of Mother Nature Pan Pastels .  I covered the piece of Whip Cream cardstock with the Summer Days Pan Pastel, then I added the Kiwi Slice Pan Pastels and the Fresh Forest Pan Pastels to create that cool background.  To set the Pan Pastels, I sprayed it with aerosol hair spray.  I also used the Kiwi Slice Pan Pastel on a smaller scrap of Whip Cream.  I stamped the smallest turtle from the Turtley Awesome Bundle onto the smaller scrap with Black Licorice ink.  Then I also stamped the sea weed onto the larger piece of cardstock to create the background for my card.  The Hi There sentiment is stamped with Black Licorice onto a Vellum Circle and then layered onto a Summer Days Circle.

 
You gotta love our Silks!!! They add the perfect touch to your cards.  Here I used both the Gold Silk and the brand new Sparkle Silk on  the background.  I also painted it onto my turtle.  The gems are called Sea Stones, and you better grab 2 packages because you are going to love them that much!
 
Make sure to leave a comment to be entered into the Happy Mail Monday card, if your name is drawn, you can choose to send this card to a friend, or yourself!
 
Thanks for stopping by,
Cindy


1 comment:

  1. This is awesome. I haven't tried the pan pastels yet.

    ReplyDelete