Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Fun Stampers Journey Rise and Shine meets Color Splash Pencils 5/24

Hello Creative Friends.
 
Today I am sharing a card I created using my featured set,  Rise and Shine Bundle (BD-0132) and Fun Stampers Journey Color Splash Watercolor Pencils.  These birds are just so stinking cute and the sentiments are always inspirational.  My card base is Whip Cream cardstock (11x4-1/4) and the layers are, Beach Ball cardstock(4x 4-5/8), Black Licorice cardstock(3-3/4x4-1/2), Lemon Drop cardstock(3-1/2x4) and Whip Cream cardstock(3-1/4x3-3/4).  I also used my 2"scallop punch to punch a Beach Ball circle.
 
 
To create the background, I pulled out my Color Splash pencils # 1, 16, and 31.  I took my large Blending Brush filled with water and touched it directly to the tip of the #16 pencil and began to paint in circles on to my Whip Cream paper.  After that, I continued to add the two other colors and blend them until I got the effect that I wanted.  Once I finished, I dried it with my heat gun.  On a scrap of Whip Cream, I stamped the large bird and colored it with the same colors and then die cut it out.  I stamped the sentiment and splashed my watercolor background with some Turbo Teal Silk.    I layered the Beach Ball scalloped circle below the sentiment and put a small strip of Whip Cream Sparkle Tape towards the bottom left corner.
 

See those cute little hearts?  Those cuties are on the Break Up sale list!!!  They're part of the Heart and Star button pack and are only available until June 30, so make sure you grab some before they're gone.  I colored them with my #1 pencil, covered them with Journey glaze and sparkle dust.

Thanks for stopping by,
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment