Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Fun Stampers Journey Snappy Birthday 5/17/17

Hello Creative Friends!
 
It's Wednesday and that means the week is half way over...and I feel like I am soooo far behind!  My to- do list is a mile long and as soon as I check something off, I add to more to dos!!!  So I took a break to create this card for my hubby, and yes, I was a wee bit crabby last night.
 
 
This card starts with a Rich Coral CS base cut to 8-1/2 x 5-1/2.  I used a the coral print from the Under the Sea Prints paper pack (PP-0041) cut to 4-1/4 x 3-3/4, a Cool Pool CS cut to 4-1/2 x 3-1/2, and Buttercream CS cut to 4-1/4 x 3-1/4. 

 
Take a look at that sand, that is the piece of Buttercream CS, don't you love how it has that sandy look?  You can recreate it by taking your large Dauber Dowel (TO-0138) and Oatmeal Cookie IP and make swirling motions on your cardstock.  Keep adding ink until you get your sand just how you like it!  Next I stamped the sentiment with my Black Licorice IP.  I grabbed a scrap of Buttercream CS for my large crab from the Snappy Birthday Bundle (BD-0236)  To get the variation of colors on my crab, I inked it up first with my Tangerine Fusion IP, and then lightly tapped my Rich Coral IP on the edges.  Love how it looks with the 2 colors blended, and don't worry, it doesn't ruin your inkpads.  Make sure you always start with the lightest inkpad first!
 
 
The coral print paper is adhered straight to the card base.  I adhered the sand technique piece right to my Cool Pool CS and the popped that piece on to the card.  Next, I took some Black Journey Twine (AC-0004) and made my loops.  Then I die cut my crab and popped him onto the card front.  He got a heavy coat of Journey Glaze (best product ever!!!) and then to put a little bling on it, I grabbed my box of Rainbow Drops (AC-0178) and added 3 of the red gems.
 
Hope you enjoyed today's card!  
Thanks for stopping by,
Cindy


No comments:

Post a Comment