Monday, February 29, 2016

Make it Monday: Glass Bloom Birthday

This week I am adding a new theme to my Monday Blog post, "Make it Monday". Each Monday I will post a card with the directions so that you can make it at Home!  I will also have the pre-stamped kit available in my Etsy shop!

This week's project is a elegant birthday card.
 

I used the rose and pansies from the Glass Blooms set to create a beautiful corner focal point.  The great thing about this card is that you can change up the colors to make it unique for whom ever you are giving it to.

I started by stamping the rose  in the bottom right corner.  
 
 
To get the pansies behind the rose, I used a technique called masking.  You stamp your foreground image onto a scrap of paper(I use a post it note so there is some sticky to hold it in place).

 
Then you cut around your sticky note image.  You place the sticky not image on top of the image in your card and stamp everything you want in the back ground on top of the sticky note.
 

After you are finished stamping, you remove your mask to reveal your layered image!
 

I just love this technique because it gives your cards depth with out having to add layers!
 
You may purchase the supplies from my Fun Stampers Journey page
Here are the measurements, stamps, inks, and embellishments I used to create this card:
 
Pretty Amethyst 5 1/2 x 8 1/2                 Pretty Pansy 5 1/4 x 4
Whip Cream 5 x 3 3/4
 
Glass Blooms SS-0273                           Sentimental Prints SS-0072
 
Black Licorice IP
 
Banana Cream RI                                   Pineapple Smoothie RI
Pretty Amethyst RI                                 Pretty Pansy RI
Fusion Blender
 
Olive Satin Ribbon AC-0107
Journey Glaze
Journey Sparkle Cuts
 
You may also purchase a kit from my Etsy shop, CindyCreativeJourney

Thanks for stopping by!
~Cindy~






No comments:

Post a Comment