Thursday, March 7, 2019

Colored Pencil Dahlia Burst Card with Cindy Bristow

Colored Pencil Dahlia Burst Card
with Cindy Bristow
 
Howdy!
 
I'm back from my stay with my father, he is doing well and back to his old self.
 
Today I would like to share a card I colored using my Color Burst pencils. 
 
 
I started by stamping the largest flower from the Dahlia Burst set with Black Licorice ink onto Whip Cream cardstock.  Then I created a mask by stamping it again on a piece of scrap paper.  After I cut around the image, I placed it on top of my the large flower on my card front.  Then I stamped the two smaller flowers to the left and right of the big flower.  I created a mask for the smaller flower also.  I made sure my mask where in place before I stamped the leaf image onto my card front.  Now it was time to color!

 
I decided that my light source was coming from the top left of the image, so I knew where to put the highlights and the shadows.  I used the following pencils to color my flowers:  29, 18, 16, 8, 11, 5, 10,4,1,and 3.
 
I finished my card by adding Black Licorice and Citrus Cooler Silks.  I also added 3 of the Magical Journey dots to a strip of Black Licorice cardstock.  The image is layered onto a Black Licorice cardstock  mat and then adhered to a Rich Coral card base.

 
Thanks for stopping by,
Cindy


No comments:

Post a Comment