Friday, March 8, 2019

Art Angel 5x7 Canvas with Cindy Bristow

Art Angel 5x7 Canvas
with Cindy Bristow
 
Howdy!
 
Today I wanted to share a 5x7 flat board canvas I have been working on.  I have titled it Art Angel because I think she is watching over all of us who love to create.
 
 
Isn't she beautiful?!!  and no joke, she was pretty easy to create!  I started out with a 5x7 canvas board and covered it with scraps of patterned paper ( remember when I said I was using up my stash?).  Then I painted the over the patterned paper with Gesso, and added texture by splatting my paint brush on top of the Gesso.  You can see the texture this created in the next picture.  The next step was to pull out my Jane Davenport Flower Girls stencil.  There are 3 different faces to choose from and a ton of different flowers, but I just used the face for this canvas.

 
I laid the stencil onto my canvas and used Oatmeal Cookie Ink and a large Dauber to create the face.  I heat set the ink, just to be sure it was dry because I didn't want it smudging once I started using my Color Splash pencils on it.  I colored her face, and them hand drew the wings, hair and stencil by looking at pictures of angels on Pinterest.   I love using Pinterest to get inspiration and ideas.
These are the Color Splash pencils numbers I used on my canvas:
1,3,5,7,8,9,12,14,21,27,34,38,39,40,41,42,43,&44

 
Thanks for stopping by,
Cindy


No comments:

Post a Comment