Tuesday, March 12, 2019

You Do You Mini Junk Album with Cindy Bristow

You Do You Mini Junk Album
with Cindy Bristow
 
Howdy!
 
Today I wanted to share the cover of a mini junk album I have been working on.
 
 
I've been seeing junk albums pop up in my Pinterest and Instagram feeds for awhile, so I decided I would give it a try.  Junk Albums are a mix between scrapbooking and journaling... with a bit of hoarding involved, which fits my crafty style just right!  I get to use all of those pretty things I collect and save memories and thoughts all in one place.
A lot of junk journals are made with scrap paper and memorabilia, but I decided to use a Mini Book I had in my stash for my first attempt.
 
 
I covered the outside with patterned paper I had been hoarding for a few years.  I did the same with the inside, but I will save that for another day.
 
Here is a close up of the decorations I used on my cover. 
 I love the"You do You" sentiment I found in the Heidi Swapp Hawthorne Ephemera I grabbed from Scrapbook .com. I also used a bit of this Guilded Life lace trim under the paper flowers.  I used gesso and Ink on the flowers to change the color from blue to Pretty Amethyst.  The other goodies I used are from my stash and are no longer available, but I am sure you have something in your stash that you could substitute!

 
Stay tuned for more peeks of the inside!
Thanks for stopping by,
Cindy
 


No comments:

Post a Comment