Thursday, May 18, 2017

Fun Stampers Journey: Snappy Birthday 5/18/17

Hello Creative Friends!
Today's card is another fast card that uses Fun Stampers Journey Dauber Dowel to create a fun background.  I am in total love with these daubers!

 
I started with a Whip Cream card base (5-1/2 x 8-1/2), layered a piece of Rich Coral cardstock (4 x 5-1/4) onto it.  Then a grabbed another piece of Whip Cream cardstock (3-3/4 x 5) to make my background.  I started with my Catalina Splash ink pad, swirled my dauber on top of it and then began to swirl it onto my cardstock.  You can get a lot of variance in the color depending on how much ink you have on your dauber and what part of the dauber you use.  I also swirled some Whip Cream Ink onto the water part of my card using the edge of my dauber.  The sky is done in the same fashion using both a Summer Days ink pad and a Tangerine Fusion ink pad.  Next I stamped the sentiment in Black Licorice ink.  The final touch on the background is to add flicks of both Citrus Cooler Silk and Journey Bronze Silk.  



Once the background was dry, I adhered it to the card base.  For the crab, I used the largest crab from the Snappy Birthday Bundle and added Tangerine Fusion Ink over the entire crab stamp.  Then I rocked some Rich Coral Ink around the edges.  That gives your crab a little variance in color.  The finishing touch for this card was 3 loops of Journey Black Twine.


Don't forget that the Break Up Sale and the Clearance Rack go Live Today!!!

Thanks for stopping by!
Cindy



No comments:

Post a Comment