Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Fun Stampers Journey Rise and Shine meets Mixed Media 5/23

Hello Creative Friends.

In today's post I am sharing a fun card featuring the stamp set Rise and Shine SS-0337 and a bunch of fun techniques using FSJ Splashes and stencils!  Make sure you go over to my Facebook page @CCreativeJourney,  tomorrow evening (5/24 at 6 pm Eastern time) to catch a live video of the step by step of making this card. 
 I used Blue Lagoon cardstock (11 x 4-1/4) for my card base, a layer of Sweet Berry (5-1/4 x 4), a strip of Pool Play (5 x 2) cut with the  Border Basic Die Set, Whip Cream (3-1/2 x 5), a scrap of Whip Cream, Sweet Berry, and Black Licorice cardstock.  I also used a Black Licorice ink pad and Clear Pigment ink pad for stamping.
 
To make the background I grabbed 3 Media Misters , my Pineapple Smoothie Splash, Blue Lagoon Splash, and Lemongrass Splash and headed to the sink.  I filled the media misters each with 1/2 splash and 1/2 water.  This gives you more control then the actual splash bottles and dilutes the colors for a watercolor effect.  After I prepped the media misters, I grabbed a piece of clear acrylic that I had saved from my stamp sets, and sprayed a few squirts of the Pineapple Smoothie onto the acrylic.  Then I dragged the Whip Cream cardstock through it.  Make sure you use your heat gun to dry between each step.  After the Pineapple Smoothie is dry, wipe off the acrylic sheet, place your Bubble Bubble Stencil on top.  give it a few squirts of both Blue Lagoon Splash and Lemongrass Splash.  Next, pick up the stencil and flip it over onto your Pineapple Smoothie background piece.  This gives you a reverse image of the actual stencil- pretty cool huh?!!!  Dry the background with your heat gun.  Also, I mopped up the extra spray on the stencil with a piece of media paper to use another time.  Ok, now you are ready for the next stencil, Cheveron Stencil , and some Gesso.  Place your stencil on your mixed media background paper, hold it in place and using a Spatula, spread a thin coat of gesso on the left side of your cardstock.  Dry completely with your heat tool.



Now we get to stamp!  I cut the Happy off of one of the sentiments in the Rise and Shine set ( you know me, I like to cut my stamps apart?), and inked it up with Black Licorice ink.  I stamped it multiple times down the left side of my media background.  After that I added some Bubble Gum Silk, because you know you have to have Silk Spashes on everything!  Then I stamped both birds onto a scrap of Whip Cream cardstock and punched them out using the 1-1/2"Punch & the 1-3/4" Punch .  I colored them using my Journey Color Burst Pencils. (04,17,23,25,28) and then mounted them onto Sweet Berry scrapes punched with Scalloped Circle Punch 1-3/4 & Scalloped Circle Punch 2".  I looped some Black Twine behind them and mounted them with pop dots.  Then I put my sentiment back together, stamped it onto a scrap of Black Licorice with Clear Embossing ink and covered it with White Embossing powder, cooked it, and placed it ton my card front.
 

Thanks for stopping by today! 
Make sure to stop by my Facebook page Cindy's Creative Journey (@ccreativejourney) for live videos and updates.
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment