Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Fun Stampers Journey Express Yourself 5/30/17

Hello Creative Friends.

Today's card is a fun mixed Media card featuring the Express Yourself Stamp Set SS-0335.  This set is a great set to use in Art Journaling and to create cards for all your creative friends.

 
I started with a Cranberry Bliss cardstock base (5-1/2 x 8-1/2).  The next layer is a piece of patterned paper from the Rich Sorbet Prints paper pack PP-0031.  I added some Journey Gesso to tone the color down just a bit.  Then I grabbed my Ink Splat Stamp AT-0108, Cranberry Bliss Silk IP-0094 and a little water to create some interest in the background.  Don't you just love that strip of black pattern??? It's a small piece from the Deco Strips- Black AC-0285 that I just got in!  I really like it and think it will make a lot of appearances in up coming projects.

 
Now to the focal point, the Black Licorice cardstock is (3 x 2-1/4) and I added some of the mini staples to it.  The Whip Cream cardstock is (2-2/34 x 2).  I stamped the brush stroke with Cranberry Bliss ink and the Express Yourself with Black Licorice.  After that, I splattered a little Cranberry Bliss silk on it.  Then I grabbed a piece of scrap Whip Cream and stamped the paintbrush and tube of paint  with Black Licorice.  Both images are colored using Journey Color Burst Pencils.


 
I will be doing a live video this evening over on my Facebook Page, Cindy's Creative Journey (@ccreativejourney), so make sure you stop by and check it out!
Thanks for stopping by!
Cindy



No comments:

Post a Comment