Sunday, September 6, 2015

Better with Wine

I am enjoying the long holiday weekend with the family... and a little time in my craft room.  Yesterday was spent staining the backyard fence ( I am almost finished with the back section!!!!) and surfing the blog-o-sphere for challenges,
which brought me to Stamp Ink Paper and this challenge.


So, after a long day of pretending to be the Karate Kid- paint the fence .... I sat on my back deck and enjoyed a glass of wine... (ok, it was a cold beer, but the wine goes better with the post), and thought about what to create.

 
I used Black Licorice cardstock and ink, Whip Cream cardstock, and for my pop of color I used Cranberry Bliss ink.  I really like my  Cheveron Trail background stamp.  I will let you in a little secret- I cut it up!!!! Yes , I know that is a scary thought, but that way I get more use out of it.  I cut it up in sections- one stripe,  two stripes, and three stripes.  That way I can use it for different patterns or put it all back together for a whole background.
 
 
My focal point is done with 2 of Fun Stampers Journey ATC stamps. Love this stamps- they are a great price point  and there are plenty of options!  The background is Ink Splat stamped in Cranberry Bliss, and the wine stamp is Wine a Bit .  I love how versatile the Ink Splat stamp is- you can use it to create a background or to color an image with.  In my opinion, it is one of those must have stamps.
 
 
I finished of my creation with some loops of May Art burlap twine ( you can get some over in my Etsy store) and then I added some Journey glaze to the wine bottle and glasses.
 
Thanks for stopping by
~Cindy~
 
 





4 comments:

  1. What an amazing card! That cranberry color was perfect with the wine. Oh and I love that you cut up your chevron stamp. I'm a stamper cutter too! :) Thanks so much for joining us at SIP for our color challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tina! I am always looking for new ways to use my stamps, so I tend to cut a lot of them apart! :)

      Delete
  2. Beautiful card Cindy. Those stamps look fantastic with your colour combo. Thank you for joining us this week at Stamp Ink Paper. Carolyn xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the color combo this week! Thanks for putting it together.

      Delete