Thursday, May 16, 2019

Mini Peonies Paper Bag and Tag by Cindy Bristow

Mini Peonies Paper Bag and Tag
by Cindy Bristow
 
Howdy!
 
Today I wanted to share a shabby chic styled mini bag and tag combo.  It is available over in my Etsy store if you wanted to purchase it, or you can follow along with my step by step to create your own.  I have included a few affiliated links to products that are available.  That means that if you click on the link and purchase the item, I receive a small commission.
 
 
I created the bag from packing paper(hold on to the stuff that your goodies come in!) using my Bag Sleeve die from Accucut.  After I glued it together, I tore a piece of coffee stained graph paper I had in my closet from when the kids where in school.  I knew I hung on to that stuff for a reasons!  I used black ink to stamp a   cancelled postage stamp all over my bag. I then wrapped Black Twine around my bag 3 times... got to do the wraps in odd numbers.   The Oval Die Cut  was cut from Pink cardstock.  I use the Spellbinders cardstock because it is smooth thick 80lb cardstock, perfect for stamping on and it holds up to coffee staining.  I also stitched around the pink oval before I glued it onto my bag.  The main flower is from a set called Wonderful Day by FSJ but it is no longer available... you might try looking it up on ebay or a buy sale group.  The background script is a stamp from Hobby Lobby. I added tiny pearls to the snippet of lace for that extra special touch.

 
The tag is cut from Cream cardstock that I had coffee dyed.  Notice that I used a hole enforcer on my tag- I try and put these on all of my tags so that the thread or ribbon doesn't pull though.  I first glued a torn piece of scrap cardstock to the top left corner and then used one of the label stamps from the Old Paperwork stamp set to stamp all over the background. ( I told you I got my money's worth out of that set).  The main flowers come from the Wonderful Day set that is no longer available. 
See that little half circle with the foliage on it?  That stamp is on clearance and is called Embroidered Flowers by Donna Salazar, it comes with a die also, Bonus!!!!  I have been using it on several projects lately.
 

 
All of the images are colored with my  Color Burst pencils.

 
Thanks for stopping by,
Cindy
 

No comments:

Post a Comment