Thursday, November 24, 2016

Herald Angels

Hello Creative Friends.

I love when a stamp set can be used to make a simple but elegant card.  The Herald Angels stamp set is one of those sets.  When I first saw this set in the catalog I just had to have it!  I had visions of coloring the angels and sending out 100's of beautiful Christmas cards... then reality hit and I realized there was no way I could color that many cards and have them ready in time.  So I reworked my idea and came up with this elegant card.


The background is done using the darker of the blues from the Mother Nature Pan Pastel set.  I just used a sponge and swept the color on.  Then I took my Clear Embossing Ink pad and stamped the sentiment in the corner, covered it with Silver Embossing powder and zapped it with my heat gun.  On a separate piece of Whip Cream Cardstock, I stamped one of the angels in Clear Pigment ink, covered her with the Silver Embossing powder, zapped her and used the matching die to cut her out.  I love the fact that FSJ has so many stamp sets with matching dies!  I lightly colored her dress with the same blue Pan Pastel, hit her wings with the Silver Pan Pastel and popped her on the card.  Simple enough to repeat but very elegant looking. 

Thanks for stopping by,
~Cindy~

Here are the links to the items used in the card above:
Heralds Angels Bundle,  Mother Nature Pan Pastels, Brush Silver Pan Pastel,  Huckleberry Fusion Cardstock, River Stone Cardstock,  Whip Cream Cardstock, Clear Pigment Inkpad,  Journey Silver Embossing Powder,  River Stone Ribbon,  Tinsel Trim,  Cut Rhinestones

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous card, love the silver embossing powder and the background.

    ReplyDelete