Friday, January 11, 2019

What's on your Desk Top?

What's on your Desk Top?
 
Howdy!
 
Today's post is all about reality... not staged reality, the real truth reality about what's on my desk top.
 
Most crafters are messy... we have piles, we collect stuff, and we don't finish projects.  That is reality, well at least that is my reality.  So I wanted to share what my desk looks like today, and yes this is what I walked into this morning.
 
 
What a mess!  but, I know just where everything is.. or at least I kid myself that I know where everything is.  This is what I consider my primary work spot.  I started on this box project 2 days ago.  The first day, I worked on coloring the 2 butterflies and painted gesso on the box.  Yesterday, I used some Liquid Colors on the box.  I wasn't liking how it was looking, so I left it there to dry.
 
You can also see a few stamp sets I used this week... guess I need to put them up, my 2 catch all baskets where I keep the essentials- adhesives, scissors, crease tools, ruler, pens, pencils... everything a crafter needs.  I also have a new collection going right behind my coffee cup, that little tin has recent receipts, a book of Christmas postage stamps and Christmas cards.  I need to put the cards in with the Christmas stuff so I have a few ready for next year, the receipts will go in my tax binder once I clear out 2018 tax stuff...what a mess, but it's my mess and I know where everything is.

 
Let's move to the other side of the table.  My other work space I try to keep some what clear for online class videos... as you can tell, I used it for my box yesterday.  I have my basket of full of Liquid Colors and Create a Palette Pads sitting right where I got frustrated.  I also have my folder for my Coloring Your Creative Journey Class, the 2 cards I made this week, and unfinished mini Christmas album, a used watercolor paper towel, scraps from the mini, and my sheet of patterned paper that I take pictures on.
 
This my friends is what my reality is... along with the avocado green carpet, bright yellow flower wall paper, a few trashcans that need to be emptied and 1 box of new products that I really want to play with but haven't gotten to.  If your reality is similar, leave me a comment or better yet a picture!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
Cindy
 


No comments:

Post a Comment