Friday, January 4, 2019

Shades of Blue Watercolor Love Arrow card by Cindy Bristow

Shades of Blue Watercolor Love Arrow card
by Cindy Bristow
 
Howdy!
 
I am still on a blue kick this morning and decided to pull out my Color Splash Pencils to create a background.  I used Whip Cream cs cut to 3-7/8" x 5-1/8" and pencils numbered 05, 07, 25, 27, 31 & 43 along with a Round Brush to paint blue stripes.  Once I finished my water coloring, I made sure it was dry by zapping it with my heat gun.
 
 
To add some extra texture to my background, I stamped it first with the Grid Paper stamp inked up with Bubble Gum ink and then again inked up with River Stone ink.  The sentiment is also stamped with River Stone ink and the heat embossed with Clear embossing powder.  The final touch to my background was to add a strip of Denim Prints washi tape, a small strip of River Stone cs and  pink velvet ribbon from the Boho Trim pack

 
Don't you love the distressed look of this Love Arrow stamp heart?  I inked the heart up first with Bubble Gum ink and then took my River Stone ink pad and lightly touched the outside and just a little of the inside before I stamped it.  After I cut it out I used foam squares to pop it out. 
 
 
I hope you enjoyed the step by step directions, and thanks for stopping by,
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment