Thursday, April 25, 2019

Vintage Style Butterfly Postcard Step by Step with Cindy Bristow

Vintage Style Butterfly Postcard  Step by Step
with Cindy Bristow
 
Howdy!
 
Today I'm sharing a step by step to show you a masking technique.

 
Let's start out with the supplies, these links are affiliate  links which means I get a small commission if you purchase from the links.
 
POST IT NOTES!

 
I started off by stamping the smallest butterfly 3 times onto a piece of cream cardstock that measures 4" x 2" with black ink. (make sure you stamp the first butterfly in the middle of the paper so you can use it for spacing).  Then I stamped 3 more butterflies onto sticky notes to use as masks.  I like these arrow ones because the sticky part is right in the middle of the stack and it makes it easy to keep them in place.

 
Fussy cut the sticky note butterflies out.  You don't have to be perfect.  Place the sticky note mask over the butterflies on your cream cardstock.

 
Then you take your Vintage Photo ink and the Vintage notes stamp and stamp directly on top of the butterfly mask.

 
As you see, once you peel off your mask, the music becomes your background and the butterflies are in the foreground.

 
Then you get to color!  I chose to do my butterflies in a variegated color scheme.  Once they are colored, ink your edges and layer the cream cardstock onto a piece of dark brown cardstock.

 
Then you layer the butterfly piece onto a postcard size of Kraft cardstock and stamp the Carte Postal stamp to the left.  I mask off the top of the stamp and stamped a second time to make sure I had writing all the way down my Kraft paper.  I layered some lace, a bit of the yellow ribbon and a wooden butterfly on as an embellishment.
 
Thanks for stopping by,
Cindy
 
 
 


2 comments:

  1. Thank you Cindy! I learned about masking from this post! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to help! Thanks for stopping by❤️

    ReplyDelete