Wednesday, January 3, 2018

Designers Showcase Bloom This Way Launch Party

 
Hello Creative Friends and welcome to Day 3 of the Bloom This Way Launch Party hosted by the Fun Stampers Journey Designers Showcase Team.
I am super excited to participate in the Fun Stampers Journey Launch Party for the brand new Bloom This Way Mini Trends Catalog!  Fun Stampers Journey has so many wonderful new products in the catalog, it just makes me want to spend the entire week up in my craft room playing with all the new goodies!
 My project today is created with the Build-A-Super stamp set and the Super Accessories stamp set! I just know that you are going to have to have these 2 sets once you see all the cute paper dolls I have to share with you over the next few weeks! 
Isn't she stinking cute?!!  Once I saw the plaid skirt and pig tail hair do on the Super Accessories set, I just knew what my first girl was going to be.

  
The Build a Super girl is a bit larger then a standard A2 card front, so I decided to make a tag for her.  My tag is cut from the new Spring Filled Prints paper pack and measures 3" x 7". 
 
That cute little cat comes from the Find Joy stamp set and the Be You sentiment is form the Take Action stamp set. The sparkly grass is made with strips from the Fresh Limeade Journey Tape.  I die cut a strip of Limeade Splash using the Border Details die set to add a bit more interest in the background.   Also in the background is a heart punched with the Love Is punch cartridge and covered with Sparkle Dust. 

 
 
I used Fun Stampers Journey Color Burst pencils to color both my school girl and her cat.  I am in love with these pencils!!  They are very creamy and so easy to blend. 
 
Here is a picture of how I colored this doll.  I stamp several torsos, legs and arms on the same sheet of Whip Cream cardstock to start with, then I color their skin.  For this girl's skin I used pencils 8, 9 and 6.  I will be sharing more skin tones for other dolls, so make sure you keep checking back!  After I colored her skin, I started on her hair.  For this shade of auburn hair, I used pencils 13, 37, 40, and 41.   I use the lightest shade to cover the entire surface, making sure to use a very light touch.  Then I flick the darker colors on a layer at a time.  It will take you several layers to achieve the desired darkness that is shown. 

 
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you are inspired to grab some of these new products and get creative with them!
Cindy
Please watch the Fun Stampers Journey Facebook page all week long for SOO much more inspiration coming your way!”

No comments:

Post a Comment