Friday, February 24, 2017

Show me your Green!

Hello Creative Friends,
 
Today I am sharing a card I created for my friend Rose's  FB challenge group.  The name of the group is One Journey Coaches Challenge.  This week's challenge was to create a card for St. Patrick's Day.  Lucky me- I had a St. Patty's stamp!!!
 
 
I started out with a Limeade Splash CS base.  I then pulled out the I'm Lucky AT stamp.  I loved the 4 leaf clover just the way it was, but I took the saying and cut it apart so that I could use different parts of it separately.  Once I had the sentiment cut apart, I used the clover and the luck to create my background (more background stamping!!!)  I really wanted to layer the green on this card, so I used my Limeade Splash IP to do some tone on tone stamping with my background.
 
To create the Whip Cream CS panel (2-1/2 x 5-1/2)  I used the clover and Kiwi Slice IP to stamp the three images.  Make sure you rotate your stamp!!!   Using Black Licorice IP, stamp the Kiss me sentiment on the bottom right of this panel.  Then I used some scraps of patterned paper from my Sweet Spring PP for the black and white stripes (1/2 x 5-1/2) to edge my Whip Cream CS panel.  I adhered this down to my card base.
 
I pulled out my trusty Slit Punch to make a slit in the folded part of my card... it wasn't quite as high as I needed it , so I used my Detail Pro Shears to elongate it.  I wrapped Lemon Grass Satin Ribbon through the slit and tied a bow to the right hand side of my card.
Now for the focal point, I cut a Black Licorice CS circle using my Journey Circle die.  The edges are inked with Whip Cream IP to give it more depth.  I looped some Whip Cream thread and adhered it to the circle with a pop dot.  The clover is stamped on a scrap of Whip Cream CS using Kiwi Slice IP.  Fussy cut it out making sure that you cut between the clover leaves.  Then using your Crease Tool, gently curl your leaves.  Pop the clover onto your Black Licorice circle with pop dots.  The entire Black Licorice piece is the popped dotted on to your card.
 
Now it's time to add the Bling!!!  I added some Special Celebration sequins and then covered my clover with Journey Glaze and Sparkle Dust.  I also Journey Glazed the Kiss Me to make it pop.
 
Here is  the complete list of items used if you would like to order them and create this card at home.
Limeade Splash CS, Whip Cream CS, Black Licorice CS, Limeade Splash IP, Kiwi Slice IP, Black Licorice IP, Whip Cream IP
 
Thanks for stopping by and have and Amazing Day!
Cindy
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment