Thursday, January 5, 2017

Starry Night with Pan Pastels

Hello creative friends!  Happy 2017!!!  Today I am sharing another card I made using my Pan Pastels and the Northern Lights Technique.  Don't you just love how it looks like you are gazing into the night sky?
 

The technique is actually quite simple and gives a wonderful effect.  I started by stamping my Starry Night background stamp with Whip Cream ink and embossing it with Journey White embossing powder.  After that I grabbed my Lemon Drop Pan Pastel and created three spots in the page.  Then I added Sweet Berry Pan Pastel and blended the edges together.  The next color I added was Pretty Pansy followed by Huckleberry Fusion and Denim Days.  It is really amazing watching the background come to life and the exciting thing is that no two skies will ever look the same!

Once I was satisfied with the sky, I flicked some Silver Silk onto it. You know I have to have all of that shimmery goodness!  The sentiment comes from the Star Bright set and fits perfectly with this card.
 

Thank you for dropping by and checking out my Starry Night card.  If you would like to recreate this card, I have listed the links for the products I used below.

Starry Night Stamp Set
Star Bright Stamp Set
Party Pop PanPastel Set
Rich Sorbet PanPastel Set
Mother Nature PanPastel Set



No comments:

Post a Comment